Saturday, August 15, 2020

Working on My Fitness, Y'all

Ya know... I have to be honest. Exercise is just something I never really loved. Throughout my life, I have exercised here and there. Never truly consistently and for longer than maybe 6 months at a time. As I have gotten older, though, AND after having a child, I am finding it quite necessary to work out just to feel better physically, keep up with my toddler and my daily tasks, and to be healthier overall and tone up! In the last month, I have been implementing small changes to get myself active again.

First, my water intake. I was failing miserably with this. I was struggling to fully finish one bottled water a day. ONE 16 OZ BOTTLE OF WATER, y'all! I decided I would buy a water bottle with progress markers on it to kind of hype myself up and keep myself on track. I found the perfect one on Amazon and I have been getting 64 oz or more of water daily. DAILY! My skin and hair are more hydrated, I'm less tired, less bloated, no more headaches, and less hungry. Which is great because I want to lose 5-7 lbs.

I have also committed to exercising 5 times a week with a friend. We find empty space in a lot within our development and set up a little circuit for a full-body cardio and strength training workout from about 7am - 7:40am. It's actually pretty fun and I am surprised that I am loving it this much. On the mornings where it may be raining or our schedules don't sync, I have done exercise routines like the one pictured above with kettlebells. I have more energy throughout the day, my mood has improved, and my blood pressure has gone back down to a normal level - no meds needed! My blood pressure was never anything I struggled with until after the birth of my son. It would elevate on occasion but it is the lowest it has been in about 2 years, now.

Super excited to SEE results in the mirror and watch my body tone and transform. It is never too late to get fit! You got this.

xo,

Keeta

No comments:

Post a Comment