Thursday, March 22, 2018

Entering Motherhood...

With the arrival of our Baby Boy recently,  I have really been taking this entire experience in... just enjoying every moment, because babies grow up so fast. I am especially grateful for the additional paid time off my job has offered so that I have time to bond with our son, as well as the love and support my husband and I have received throughout this journey. Being a mom is something I wasn't sure was in God's plan for me, so sometimes I still can't believe this is my life. I am so grateful.

Our son was born on March 12th, 2018, and he is so perfect. I find myself just staring at him sometimes, and this morning when I went to change him, I just sat with him in my arms, and started to cry. I am truly just amazed at how God has been working in my life since I started trusting Him more and doing what works for me and my family. Reflecting... yes. I've been doing that a lot.



I already know I have a lot to learn about being a mother. I'm taking things day by day, and enjoying the little moments. But, I know he came at the perfect time for us. You never feel 100% ready to be a parent, but I know God's timing is absolutely perfect.

And I am not worried about the superficial things, like getting my body back asap, or having the latest and greatest in baby products, or proving myself to be this "super mom". Not at all. I'm taking things day by day, focusing on the important things. I often think about the wisdom I want to pass on to our son, our mommy-son experiences as the years go on. I do my best to take care of myself so that I can be the best mother he needs.



Also - I know over the last few months my blogs have been about baby and pregnancy and marriage. I will be writing about other topics soon, but I really wanted to share what was currently going on in my life with you all (because these are huge life events for me).

If there is anything topic-wise you'd like me to write about, let me know. It could be a beauty post, spiritual, etc. I will be back soon!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment