Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Biggest Lesson Learned After Being a Mom for 10 seconds ;-)

This isn't one of those posts where I am new to a role in life and pretend to be an expert and advise everyone on what to do. Nope. I'm a BRAND NEW mom, only 6 weeks in. I know nothing (outside of my maternal instincts). But I HAVE learned an important and huge lesson already. And that is: Don't judge other moms.



I remember before having a child of my own, observing other mothers and deciding whether they were doing a great job or not (in my mind). Based on how the child or baby behaved, I was making that mom out to be good or bad. I'd listen to conversations that mothers would have, and sometimes would think, "I'd NEVER do that." I was judging. The list goes on! But after having my son, and just going through these first few weeks - motherhood is not for the faint at heart! Not only do you have to deal with your own body changing (yet AGAIN), recovering from delivery, and trying to do the minimum to take care of yourself on a daily basis - you now have a sweet newborn who needs lots of attention and care. And if you choose to breastfeed, it's even more of an adjustment and adventure while you and your baby get into a routine. I now understand, moms are out here doing the absolute best they can with what they have. And none of us are perfect, and no piece of advice will work for all babies across the board. We are all learning and doing our best to take care of our sweet little blessings. So, go easy on moms out there! Offer a hand to help if you can (and it doesn't take much to be helpful. I will elaborate on that in a later post.)

xo,
KeetaRay


No comments:

Post a Comment