Thursday, February 8, 2018

Embracing it all



I was talking to a close friend just a few days ago about embracing all of the changes our bodies go through as women to carry a child. I'll admit - I had often been afraid of what my body would do and how it would change when I ever became pregnant. This fear was more prominent in my 20s. I couldn't imagine things not being as tight or unflawed as they were (Lol). So many women are more than eager to share their horror stories of how their bodies used to look one way and then after kids, it all went downhill. I used to buy into that fear. Since getting older, and actually becoming pregnant with this beautiful boy growing inside of me, all of those thoughts dissipated. Sure, I had gotten some comments from some women here and there, telling my face was fat or I was "huge", but my sister and a good friend of mine got me all the way together. And I realized - what is happening in my body and to my body is a beautiful thing! How dare anyone try to make me feel bad or gross when there are so many women who would give anything to have this chance? To carry and bring forth another life? God has made our bodies these super powerful and miraculous vessels - I still can't fully wrap my mind around it when I sit and really think about it. Now, I look in the mirror and I embrace and accept and LOVE the new stretch marks on my thighs and butt, the way my face looks fuller and "motherly", and my ever expanding tummy. It's beautiful. I've had my husband take so many pictures of my body because I want to remember this, always. I want the memories of what God is allowing me to do right now in my life, and I celebrate it. So, if you are pregnant, or have been, and feeling bad about your body - don't allow anyone to body shame you. More importantly, don't body shame yourself! Your body will do what it needs to do in order to do this beautiful thing. Don't stress about the "snap back". Do all you can to be healthy and active, and enjoy the journey.



<3 KeetaRay

2 comments: