Saturday, May 28, 2022

Doing What We Can in Times Like These #MentalHealth

In light of all the heaviness in the world - as well as May being Mental Health Awareness Month - I have been doing more than my usual to regulate my nervous system and maintain my peace. In hopes that some of the things I have been doing may be helpful to someone else, I would like to share.


I have started taking nature walks during my lunch breaks and walking a mile. The only days this week I haven't gone was when I was out of town, and today when it rained. On days where the weather doesn't permit, I'll walk the treadmill. I am still healing from a tailbone injury (back in February!), but walking to get myself moving has been easy on my body and my lower back, and has been improving my mood. Once I am better, I plan to start skating again as well as doing my HIIT workouts.

In addition to walking, I have also been:

- journaling my feelings and thoughts a few times a week

- prayer

- working with my therapist 2-3 times a month

- getting monthly full-body massages

- using essential oils daily in my diffuser (some examples: sweet orange in the morning with something like clary sage added; lavender at bedtime)

- listening to podcasts that encourage me or focus on wellness

- making sure I get enough sleep! 

- limiting my time on social media -- because the bad news that randomly pops up is overwhelming

- not engaging in draining conversations 

- on YouTube, I find sound healing videos at a specific Hz based on what I need at that time. for example, 741 Hz helps with finding solutions and self-expression; 852 Hz helps with your thoughts making them more positive. I'll usually listen to sounds like these in the background while working, or sit quietly for a few minutes with them.

I really hope some of these ideas work for you and help you to find some peace, or just to get through these challenging times.

Let me know in the comments some things that you do that we may be helpful, as well! 



xo, KeetaRay

No comments:

Post a Comment