Friday, August 13, 2021

It's Been a Long Time...

Hiii!! *waves excitedly* First off, I did not mean to be gone for so long, if at all. I have draft posts from September and November 2020 that I never finished. To be honest, the pandemic, the loss of my Grandmom in October 2020, and a close family member being sick kicked my entire a**. Thank God for therapy, a supportive and loving husband, and amazing friends. Speaking of husband and friends: Thank you all so much for helping me and encouraging me to get back to this. I kept feeling this creative block and you all continued to support and encourage in such a beautiful and non-pushy way. I love you all.

With that being said, before I start with my usual posts I want to update you all on some things that have been going on, because 2020 was a hot mess but there were also quite a few blessings! I am grateful.


- I got not 1, but 2 raises last year! I also received an award and promotion, and some bonuses. You are looking at a certified Scrum Master AND Product Manager. Ayyyy!!

- My son turned 3 this year and is doing amazing. Sometimes I still can't believe I am a mom. He is everything.

- I had a birthday last October and my husband did a great job taking some pics of me on that day, as well as surprising me (along with my sister, cousin, and close friends) to a small bday dinner (because, you know, COVID).




- I started getting shiatsu massages (in addition to monthly Swedish massages) to help with some of the grief and sadness I was experiencing with losing my Grandmom last year. It helped tremendously. It has also been helping me with the back pain I have been experiencing. Shiatsu also helps with the nervous system, so if you experience anxiety or depression, it can also be worthwhile.

- I have had my locs now for 3 years, and recently used a semi-permanent color on the locs I had professionally lightened a couple years ago to make them blue. Fun!! Here is a pic of the back of my locs in July (last month). The growth, you see it!



- I have been working out several times a week, consistently, since May of this year!! I alternate between walking (whether outside or indoors), HIIT, or yoga. I have been loving it. I usually use YouTube or Apple Fitness+ for my workouts.

- I got my nose pierced a few weeks ago. Once it heals, I plan to switch it out to a cute little hoop.




I have been working hard on staying healthy, while getting healthier, and staying sane while the world seems to be in shambles. *insert facepalm emoji* I think I'm doing ok!! Lol *cue the social media clip "bi*** you doin' a good job!"*

Until next time, please take care of yourselves.

xo

KeetaRay

2 comments: