Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Importance of Praying for Your Enemies

I'm really excited about this post today. Which says a lot, because praying for people who haven't treated me so well hasn't always been easy for me. Can we take a minute to thank God for GROWTH!?  ;-) Anyway, I had this idea to share the importance of praying for your enemies when it was recently revealed to me
who was causing some issues for me in the past. My discernment led me to believe it was this person last year, but I recently got confirmation from someone who admitted who it was. At this point, it didn't even matter to me (I wasn't mad or upset at all. I had already forgiven whoever it would turn out to be). God had already worked the situation out for me some time ago. But I suddenly got excited after I thought about it - because NOW I knew exactly who to pray for, and HOW!



What I really believe has helped me to reach this point was truly understanding that (and this may or may not resonate if you're not a Believer) we deal with spirits everyday - and this spiritual warfare is not a joke, it's very real. So, me having the understanding that this person is operating under a spirit, and that they don't even realize how they are being used and negatively affecting others and that their issues are much deeper - that is what has made it easier to pray for them. And gladly, without hesitation. Anyone who is truly happy with themselves and their life has no time or desire to be mean or intentionally unkind to others. Happy people want to make others happy; miserable people tend to want others to be miserable. When that "clicks" in your mind, it's easier to forgive and let go. Remember, forgiveness is for you, not them. Holding onto anger and bitterness only hurts you in the end.

This is why it's SO IMPORTANT for us to ask God to renew our minds daily, to have discernment with others, and to "put on the whole armor" so that we can stand against the strategies of the enemy. (Note: If you're unfamiliar with what I'm talking about when I reference spiritual warfare, the book "Fervent" will help you to understand FULLY. Also, see Ephesians 6:11-13)

Whether or not I get to witness how God moves in this person's life, how He will change their heart and show them compassion, and love, and change THEM - I still trust that He will do it. It may not be immediate, but it will happen when it's supposed to. I know, because someone somewhere prayed the same way for ME.

xo
KeetaRay

No comments:

Post a Comment