Monday, June 6, 2016

Hair Growth Update

I have been loving my hair lately - which makes me feel so good because after 7 years of being natural, I was getting bored. I've gotten to a place now where I'm just enjoying taking care of my hair and letting it do what it does. My style as of late has been a twist and curl (2-strand twisting my hair and then curling the ends with perm rods).

In previous months, I was having a HUGE problem with excessive frizz. My hair would never frizz that bad before, so I knew something was up. It was DRY. I went to see a natural hair stylist (Carmen at Velvet Waves in Ellicott City, if you're in Maryland - she's amazing and so knowledgeable) - and she gave me so many helpful tips. Here is what I've been doing that has been working for me:



1. I have to style/twist my hair when it's super wet - dripping wet - not damp, after I wash and condition. This way, I get the best hold and definition.

2. I deep condition weekly with Deva Curl Decadence conditioner. I use Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-In and twist my hair using Deva Curl SuperCream and my homemade shea butter mix. Then, I sit under my hooded dryer for about 1.5 hours and let it continue to air dry overnight.

3. I usually don't have to twist my hair again for another 2-3 days UNLESS we have high humidity here (which, now, has been most of the time). When I do retwist at night, I spray with water in sections and retwist. I'll apply my shea butter mix to my ends if my hair feels dry.

I'm also still taking my Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins - which have given my strands more volume and my hair more sheen.

You can already see the growth I've had after just a month (previous pics posted May 2nd). These pics were taken in a few days ago, this month.

June 2016 - KeetaRay

June 2016 - KeetaRay

2 comments: