Monday, April 17, 2017

What I'm Reading | 2

I have a couple of new books I've started reading that I am really enjoying. I tend to read more than one book at a time. The 2 I am currently reading are "Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel Volume III" by r.h.Sin, and "Wallflower: Essays and Anecdotes for Quiet Women Who Want to Be Heard" by GG Renee Hill.



"Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel Vol. III"by r.h.Sin: I've really been loving and resonating with the posts he has made from excerpts in this book. I'm looking forward to getting into it more. I'm sure if you follow me on Snapchat, you have seen me sharing pages from this book. I've been getting into poetry more and more lately. I also ordered "I Love My Love" by Reyna Biddy, and I should have that sometime week.

Then, there is "Wallflower" by GG Renee Hill. It's a book of essays for the introverted woman (that's me!). This book isn't newly released - I've been meaning to buy this for awhile, now. Looking forward to finishing this one. Many people have misconceptions of what an introvert is - the main one probably being that we are shy or weird (well, I am a little weird but who isn't, really?). I didn't always understand this about myself/my personality. In my teens and 20's I'd force myself into situations to be more social, not understanding why I'd feel so overwhelmed after a few hours and want to retreat back to my own space. Coming to this realization about myself, I am better able to handle social situations I may have to be in, and I also give myself the time I need to regroup and recharge. This book is so relatable and an easy read.

What books have you been reading lately?

xo,
KeetaRay

No comments:

Post a Comment