Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Embracing the Natural Me... Again.

Lately, I have been wearing A LOT of protective styles (braids, twists, weaves, crochet braid styles, etc.), and now that my hair has grown out enough where I am comfortable wearing it out again, I think it's time to let all the "hair add-ins", go. I definitely love the versatility, and I have absolutely NOTHING against any of that stuff. I'm an advocate of doing what YOU want with YOUR hair. Personally speaking, I started to feel a dependence on having longer hair or certain styles to feel beautiful or presentable again - and that wasn't good. The reason I went natural years ago back in 2008, was to let go of society's beauty standard and to just love myself - all of me - as I am. Now, don't get me wrong, I still love my beauty products and nails and whatnot. But the difference was - I don't feel negatively about myself without makeup or my nails done. But, I DID start feeling that way about my hair. That's a problem for me. So, unless I am wearing braids or twists, I am going to do my best now to just wear my own hair, and love it for what it is. I'm looking forward to this (not-so-new) journey. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment