Friday, January 13, 2017

Being Still

In a world where we are constantly connected, when do we give ourselves time to be still? You're probably thinking, "There is no time for that. Do you know how busy I am?" I have learned that taking time to sit in quiet makes for a more productive day.

OK - most of you reading that already follow me knows that I am a Believer [in Christ], and that God is involved in EVERY area of my life. I can't separate, so this post will be no different. (There is my disclaimer)









Ever wake up in the morning feeling anxious? Thoughts flooding your mind, then you do what most people do - you reach for your phone and start scrolling through your social media feeds, or checking texts or emails. Then you begin to feel even more anxious, or you see something unsettling, which then puts you in a funky mood - AND YOUR FEET HAVEN'T EVEN HIT THE FLOOR YET. Yes... this is how most people start their days. It's no wonder people are stressed out, overthinking, snappy, etc. I have become very conscious of this fact, and though I have times where I fall into this trap, I have become a lot better at handling my mornings.

When you give your first few minutes to God in the morning, just something as small as thanking Him for waking you up today, for blessing you, it changes the perspective of your day. When you read His word and focus on His promises for your life, it calms you and eases anxiety and overthinking. When you sit in silence and listen for His voice, you are filled with peace.

I challenge you to give yourself a few minutes in the morning to be still. Let the phone, laptop, iPad, etc., be. It will change your day, and ultimately, your life.

<3
KeetaRay

Psalms 46:10 NLT "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

Psalms 37:7 NLT "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes."

No comments:

Post a Comment